Learn how to synchronise your employees into Visitor Manager Central with Google Directory integration
What is Google Directory integration? #
You can use Google Directory integration to synchronise all your employees into Visitor Manager Central.
When Google Directory integration is installed, Visitor Manager Central will
- Sync user information: first_name, last_name, email, mobile
- Override all customers’ information if email exists
- New synced user must forget password to login
- Synced users have role of ‘User’ and notify_sms option is not enabled by default.
Google Directory users will be synced to Visitor Manager Central every 24 hours. You can also choose to manually sync at any time if you need an immediate update.
How to use Google Directory Integration #
- Google Suite account with admin privileges
- Enable API Access
- Login into Google Admin using your Google Suite account
- Go to API Reference
- Make sure checked on Enable API Access
- Grant User Read privilege for users
- Create new Admin Role that have this privilege and assign this role to users
- Delegating domain-wide authority to the service account
- Go to your Google Apps domain’s Admin console
- Select Security from the list of controls. If you don’t see Security listed, select More controls from the gray bar at the bottom of the page, then select Security from the list of controls. If you can’t see the controls, make sure you’re signed in as an administrator for the domain.
- Select Advanced settings from the list of options.
- Select Manage third party OAuth Client access in the Authentication
- In the Client name field enter the service account’s Client ID.
- In the One or More API Scopes field enter the list of scopes below: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile The scopes are comma-delimited
- Click Authorize.
Where you are done, you should see the authorized API clients list:
Install Google Directory #
- Go to SETTINGS > Integrations > Third Party
- Navigate to Google and click Enable
- You will be prompted a Request For Permission dialog. Click the Allow button to grant Visitor Manager Central permission to view your email address, your basic profile info and users and your domain.
- After installing successfully, you will be redirect to Google Directory integration instruction page.
- Select filter options
- Click on Test Filter button for checking the filter results
Test your integration and check back next day to ensure its syncing correctly and as expected with Visitor Manager Central.