Learn all about Visitor Manager Central QR codes including how to use them for visitors, employees, contractors and more.
This article will describe how QR codes can be used with Visitor Manager Central and the benefits you will get using this feature.
- What is a QR code?
- Who can use a QR code?
- How to print visitor QR codes
- How to print staff QR codes
- Access your QR code on Visitor Manager Central Pass App for your smartphone
What is a QR code? #
A QR code is a machine-readable code consisting of an array of black and white squares, typically used for storing URLs or other information for reading by the camera on a smartphone. In the Teamogo system, QR codes work as unique identifiers of systems users and contain the history of their sign-in activities to the system.
Who can use a QR code? #
Visitor Manager Central users are segmented in two main categories: Visitors (people external to your organisation) and Teams (people internal to your organisation).
- Visitors can use the front camera on the iPad to scan a QR code on arrival. This will speed up their sign in time to improve their experience while also remembering the visitor for a future visit. QR codes can be printed on visitor badges during the sign in process, printed straight from the dashboard (badge reprint) or issued to the visitor as part of visitor pre-registration.
- Teams (staff and contractors) can use QR codes to speed up their sign in and out process everyday. QR codes can be printed to badges or ID cards from the dashboard. Otherwise, Team Members can access their QR codes by downloading the Visitor Manager Central Pass Apps on their smartphones and logging into their accounts. Team Members can scan their QR code on the front iPad camera to sign in/out and tracking their time and attendance on site.
How to print visitor QR codes #
Access this help guide to learn about pre-registration and the visitor sign in process (add links)
How to print staff QR codes #
For a QR code that can be printed or digitally scanned:
- Go to your home screen
- Go to USERS>Teams
- Tick the box in front of the Team Member’s name
- Click Print Badge
- Choose Local area network (LAN) printer to print badge on a normal printer
- Choose Label printer connected to kiosk to print badge on you Brother Label Printer and then choose which Kiosk you would like to print it from
- Click Modify ID Card Template to alter the design of the badge – this will take you to a different tab
- Click Print to print it off
Access your QR code on Visitor Manager Central Pass App for smartphones #
Team Members can use a QR code on their smartphone to sign in and out of their workplace without the need of a badge. This function is only available after they have been added to an account by the system administrator or received an invitation to the create their Team Member profile.
- Download Visitor Manager Central Pass on your iOS or Android smartphone
- Log into your Visitor Manager Central account
- Tap the QR code icon at the top of the page
- Scan the QR code using the iPad’s front camera
Visitor Manager Central Pass App comprises the following features
- Scan QR code
- Receive system notifications
- View visitor arrivals
- Sign-out visitors
- Manage notification options and settings