In some cases, your iPad may be performing slower than expected. Here are a few tips to keep things running nice and fast.
There are some key things you can do to ensure your iPad performs well and requires little to no maintenance for ongoing performance. Most of these tips can be enabled in the iPad’s Settings app.
- Use a recent iPad model – if you can, ensure you have a later model iPad. Check out our Hardware support articles for the iPad models we officially support.
- Keep your iPad up to date with the latest version of iOS
- Keep your Visitor Manager Central iPad app up to date with the latest version
- Turn off auto updates for the iPad and apps. This means you will need to run a manual update when we release new versions and approve iOS versions to work with Visitor Manager Central but it gives you the opportunity to do a quick health check on the device also.
- Disable night mode and any other setting that allows the iPad to go to sleep.
- Ensure your iPad is plugged into power always
If your iPad/App is performing slowly or is not responsive, please check your Wi-Fi settings. Wi-Fi connectivity is essential to performance of the Visitor Manager Central App.
- Can you load a website in the safari browser?
- Can you see other devices on the network?
If performance is still an issue, follow these steps:
- Delete the Visitor Manager Central app from the iPad
- Update the iPad version of iOS
- Restart your iPad
- Reinstall the Visitor Manager Central application
- Load the Visitor Manager Central app and add your printer settings
- Load your kiosk and test the app with
This is similar to upgrading the Visitor Manager Central app when we release a new version.