Apple recently changed how auto lock mode works with guided access enabled. Follow this guide to stop your iPad screen from locking.
Apple changes how guided access mode works with the auto lock feature being enabled. Since iOS 11 both of these being enabled can cause the iPad to lock and screen switch off after guided access is enabled.
The Visitor Manager Central Kiosk app has its own “sleep” mode built into the settings of the app. Once you login to the app you will see a SETTINGS tab on the home screen, on this screen you can enable a sleep mode to put the kiosk to sleep and wake up at a time you set.
If you wish to disable the auto-lock on the default iPad settings follow the instructions below.
How to disable auto-lock in guided access mode
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness
- Disable Auto-Lock, set this to Never
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access
- Turn ON Guided Access
- Turin ON Accessibility Shortcut
- Turn ON Mirror Display Auto Lock