Connect your HipChat service to Visitor Manager Central for Team notifications.
HipChat is a web service for internal private online chat and instant messaging. As well as one-on-one and group/topic chat, it also features cloud-based file storage, video calling, searchable message-history and inline-image viewing.
With Visitor Manager Central and HipChat your users can get instant notifications when their guests arrive!
Setup HipChat #
- Sign up for a HipChat account on Atlassian (skip step if you have already got an account). https://id.atlassian.com/signup
Connect HipChat to Visitor Manager Central #
- Login to the Visitor Manager Central dashboard
- Go to SETTINGS > Integrations > Third Party
- Navigate to the HipChat integration option and click Enable
- Copy your API Key and click on the Go to HipChat button
- Follow the prompts in the popup window
- Login to HipChat account
- Select a room and click on the “Continue” button
- When prompted click on the “Approve” button
- In the Continue tab click on the “Continue” button
- Input the Visitor Manager Central API Key and click “Proceed” button
All done! Visitor Manager Central is now connected to HipChat for notifications.