Learn how to easily add Team Members to your Visitor Manager Central dashboard
Note: you will need permission to access this feature or be the account admin.
There are a few ways to quickly add a new Team Members to your Visitor Manager Central dashboard. Here is some terminology that will help you better understand this:
- Team – a group that you setup with permissions to use Visitor Manager Central.
- Team Members – employees who have access to the Visitor Manager Central dashboard and apps.
- Hosts – typically employees who host visitors.
There are four different ways to add a new Team Member. Each option is described below step by step:
- Add New Team Member
- Invite Team Member
- Import Team Member
- API/Integrations (discussed in the Integrations help guides)
Add New Team Member #
Under USERS>Teams, you will see a “+New User” button on the page. Select it and complete the form that is presented.
Under Teams > + New User you will be able to complete the member’s profile with their personal details, which Kiosks they can sign-in on, which Kiosks will show them as a Host, assign their role, add the email address where they will receive notifications and set their security PIN. This option will allow you to set the new Team Member up but will not notify them or give them access to the web dashboard.
Invite a new Team Member #
Under USERS>Teams you can also Invite a new Team Member to join your account. This is done by sending them a unique, secure web link that will ask them to complete and manage their own profile. This option also allows them to create a password, so they can login to the Visitor Manager Central dashboard.
Select Teams. Then, got to Invite and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Select the Team group type and permissions that will apply to that Team Member
- Copy the URL to your clipboard
- Send the URL to your Team Member via your own email application with your own custom introduction and instructions.
- Otherwise, if your Team Member’s email address already exists in Visitor Manager Central, send them email invitation straight form your dashboard.
Import Team Members #
If you multiple Team Members to add to your account, you can use the bulk Import function to do this quickly. Visitor Manager Central supports the importing of CSV files and provides a template you can use for this purpose.
Select USERS>Teams. Then, go to Import and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Download your bulk import template by clicking Download CSV Template
- When filling out the template, make sure that each line matches the correct field
- Once you’re done filling it out, click Select file from your computer to upload it or simply drag and drop
- Click Import Now to conclude
API & Integrations #
For advanced users and Premium or Enterprise account holders, Visitor Manager Central offers a powerful API and many integrations to assist with automating your users with the Visitor Manager Central dashboard. For more information on these options see Integrations documentation.