Learn how to connect and setup Active Directory for Visitor Manager Central
What is Active Directory integration #
By using this integration, you can easily synchronise your employees into Visitor Manager Central. When the Active Directory integration is installed, Visitor Manager Central will
- Sync user information: first_name, last_name, email, mobile,
- Override all customers’ information if email exists,
- New synced user must forget password to login,
- Synced users have role of ‘User’ and notify SMS option is not enabled by default.
System Requirements #
Windows machine, PowerShell version 3.0 or greater installed on your windows PC.
Install Active Directory: #
- Go to SETTINGS > Integrations > Third Party
- Under employee directory group, find Active Directory and click Configure
- Follow the instructions on the page
Run Your Sync #
- Copy the CRON script and save it as go-ad-sync.ps1 on your Windows machine.
- Configure the correct Organizational Units (OU’s) and optionally customizing where the sync will save its temporary files.
- Run the script via Windows PowerShell to verify that the script is correctly syncing users with Visitor Manager Central. You should go to Status tab to see detail about your last sync run.
- You can run the script as Windows task by using Task Scheduler.